If you're a regular reader, you know I can't get enough of sweets . . . dark chocolate, cookies and cakes . . . I want them all! But I've stretched my limits (in an attempt to control this cookie monster inside of me,) to go for healthier versions if I must. This recipe has been a process of creation and my third attempt was the charm. They're vegan, gluten free, soy free, and no processed sugar! What more can one ask for :D
WHAT YOU NEED:
All purpose flour (gluten free - I use this)
Oats (gluten free - I use these)
Hazelnuts (or other nut of choice)
Almond butter (or other nut butter)
Cacao nibs (I use these)
Almond Butter, Hazelnut & Cacao Cookies
VEGAN + GLUTEN FREE
makes: about 15
total time: 20 min
- 1 cup all purpose gf flour
- 1 cup gf oats
- 1/4 c chopped hazelnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/8 cup coconut oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix wet ingredients, dry ingredients, and then add mixtures together.
- Scoop out 1 large tablespoon measurements of cookie dough onto an un-greased cookie sheet. Cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool completely and remove from cookie sheet.
DON'T MISS TFC UPDATES!
FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST, TWITTER, PLUS, INSTA, & FB!
Sign up for exclusive content and healthy living resources via email!
PHOTOGRAPHY: Coreen Murphy