Marcona Almonds . . . I love them. Specifically, I love the ones from Trader Joes that are roasted, salted, and infused with Rosemary. So YUMMY!
As a specialty product of Spain, marcona almonds are a little more round and plump than our beloved California almonds. They also feel slightly wet and soft, similar to a macadamia nut. But make no doubt about it, these tiny, salty nuts are a small slice of vegan heaven, delivered directly to your neighborhood market. At my house, you will find them frequenting my cheeseboards (non-vegan heaven), salads and even desserts for that salty/sweet flavor.
WHAT YOU NEED:
Rosemary Infused Marcona Almonds (you can buy at Trader Joes or make HERE)
Red Peppers, roasted or raw
White Wine Vinegar
Salt & Pepper
Beet Salad w/ Rosemary Infused, Marcona Almonds
VEGAN + GLUTEN FREE
Total time: 10 min
- 1 large beet: peeled, steamed and chopped
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1/4 Cup rosemary infused marcona almonds (you can buy at Trader Joes or make HERE)
- 1/3 Cup red peppers, roasted or raw
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons hemp seed
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
1. Beets: peel, steam and chop.
2. Infuse almonds with rosemary - See directions HERE:
3. Toss spinach, mixed greens, and red peppers in olive oil, white wine vinegar and salt & pepper.
4. Top salad with beets, marcona almonds and hemp seed.
5. Serve and enjoy!
If you want to make ahead for a few days, I suggest doing the following:
- Make or buy steamed beets and infused almonds. Store: refrigerated in air tight container.
- Mix greens and raw peppers. Store together (refrigerated in air tight container).
- Mix dressing.
- Put all parts together when you're ready to serve and top with some hemp seeds!
DON'T MISS TFC UPDATES!
FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST, TWITTER, PLUS, INSTA, & FB!
Sign up for exclusive content and healthy living resources via email!
PHOTOGRAPHY: Coreen Murphy
RECIPE INSPIRATION: The Food Click