STUFFED APPLE PIE
total tIme 30 min
- 7 Tbsp oat flour
- 3 Tbsp brown rice flour
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/3 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 4 tsp unsweetened almond milk
- 16 drops stevia extract
- 4 Granny Smith apples
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice
- 36 drops stevia extract
- 1/2 tsp apple pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
To make the crust:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oat flour, brown rice flour, flax and salt.
- In a pot, add the coconut oil, applesauce, almond milk and stevia. Over low heat, stir often, until ingredients are melted. Dump the dry ingredients over the wet ingredients and fold together. Form into a ball.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and coat 4 mini-muffin cups with coconut oil. Divide the dough into 4 and press into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until the bottoms of the crust look dry.
For the apples:
Slice the tops off the apples, just enough to remove any remnants of the stem. Core the apples, then use a sharp spoon or grapefruit spoon to scoop out the apple flesh, adding the flesh to a bowl (leaving 1/4″ of the flesh around the skin). After each apple is scooped out, brush the inside and top with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to the apple mixture, along with the stevia, cinnamon and apple pie spice. Toss together.
Fill the pie crusts with the apple filling and bake for about 13 minutes, or until the crust appears dry and doesn’t stick to the muffin tin.
Loosen the edges of the crust from the muffin tin with a knife. Slide two knives between the crust and tin on either side of the crust and pull the crust out.
VIEW THE ENTIRE "THANKSGIVING IN THE CITY" HOLIDAY SPREAD!
Don't miss TFC updates!
Follow us on PINTEREST, TWITTER, PLUS, INSTA, & FB!
Recipe Inspiration: The Chalkboard Mag