One of the staples in my house is cinnamon + maple granola. My fiance and I eat this at least a few times a week and it's easy to prep before hand and eat on the go! Here are some of my favorite ways to enjoy this granola:
- Over fruit and greek yogurt + a little agave to top
- Topping for my morning quinoa
- With some almond milk as a mini cereal
- Plain . . . as a quick snack
Check out the recipe at the bottom and I promise you will be addicted!
Granola (makes 5 cups)
Print Recipe HERE
- 2 cups (300 grams) gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup (75 grams) almonds
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup (45 grams) raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup (45 grams) raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and place rack in the center of the oven and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the rolled oats, nuts, seeds, ground cinnamon, and salt.
- In a small bowl, stir together the oil and maple syrup.
- Pour this mixture over the dry ingredients and toss together, making sure all the dry ingredients are coated with the liquid.
- Spread onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 30 - 45 minutes or until goldenbrown, stirring occasionally so the mixture browns evenly.
- Place on a wire rack to cool. It may be sticky at first, but it will become crisp and dry as it cools. Once the granola has cooled completely you can add a variety of dried fruits.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep for several weeks.