This is one of those classic make-ahead recipes that's full of healthy ingredients. It's quick, healthy and great for planning ahead. I originally tried the overnight oats recipe from our girl, Lauren Conrad, but I added some different ingredients to fit my lifestyle . . . I made it vegetarian (& vegan) and added some protein via protein powder and hemp seeds. My fiancé, Marek, is obsessed and likes it even more than his previous breakfast favorite, Morning Quinoa!
Overnight Protein Oats (serves 1)
- 1/3 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 large, ripe banana - peeled and smashed
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 scoop protein powder (optional)
- 1 tsp hemp seeds
- raw honey or agave to sweeten (optional)
1. Mix your dry ingredients: oats, chia seeds, cinnamon, protein powder.
2. Add in the wet ingredients: almond milk, smashed banana & vanilla.
3. Refrigerate overnight.
3. In the morning, remove the bowl of oats and add hemp seeds, fruit and/or agave to sweeten
4. Mix it all up, serve cold, and enjoy!