Need some healthy sides for the week you can make ahead of time? Try this chick pea + feta salad. It's nutritious, flavorful, and adds the protein vegetarians need for an active lifestyle!
- 2 cans chick peas, or garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat leaf Italian parsley
- the juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 4-6 oz crumbled feta cheese (depending on how much you like or leave off for vegan option)
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Add all ingredients to a large bowl and toss.
Serve alone, or with a multi-grain garlic bread.