Simple Salad Series
8 ingredients or less
Homemade salad dressing
Arborio Rice with Peas and Asparagus
SIMPLE SALAD SERIES
VEGAN + GLUTEN FREE
active time 20 min.
total time: 1 hr. 25 min.
- 1 cup arborio rice, cooked
- 1 cup peas, can use organic canned or frozen
- 1 cup asparagus, steamed
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup radicchio, finely shredded
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, julienned
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Mix garlic with 1/2 teaspoon salt until paste forms. Add vinegar and oil and whisk together.
- Cook rice per instructions. While rice is cooking, steam asparagus until crisp tender (about 7 minutes).
- When rice and asparagus are cool, combine with peas, onion, radicchio, and vinaigrette. Toss to combine and season with salt. Let stand for about 30 minutes.
- Before serving, add basil and let stand another 30 min.
MAKE AHEAD TIP
- Cook rice and steam veggies the night before. Once cooled, mix all ingredients together except for basil. 30 min before serving, add basil and let stand 30 min.