Preparing healthy food in advance is one of the best things you can do for yourself and your family. We are at the biggest risk for over-eating, binging, or cheating when we’re overly hungry. I always take extra time on Sunday to prep for the week ahead. Check out my latest #SundayPrep including 3 "make ahead" recipes and grocery list!
Most trainers recommend eating meals less than four hours apart to keep blood sugar levels and hunger hormones stable. Overnight oatmeal is a great "make ahead" recipe eaten not only as a healthy mini breakfast, but also as an energizing snack. It's around 300 calories, give or take based on optional ingredients.
Overnight Raw Oatmeal
Breakfast or Snack
VEGAN + GLUTEN FREE
total time: 5 min prep (sits overnight)
- 1/3 cup raw oats (gf)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 large ripe banana
- Optional: scoop protein powder
- 1 tsp hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup organic blueberries
- optional: raw honey or sweetener of choice
- Mix your dry ingredients: oats, chia seeds, cinnamon, and (optional) protein powder. Add in the wet ingredients: almond milk, smashed banana & vanilla.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, remove the bowl of oats and add hemp seeds, fruit and/or sweetener of choice.
MAKE AHEAD TIP
- For two adults, make four raw oatmeal servings for the week ahead. Store each serving separately in small mason jars, so they are ready to go when you are. Eat one for breakfast and one later in the week as a snack.