I absolutely LOVE this chicken salad. The recipe is inspired by my mother-in-law and I usually make a batch on Sunday for the week ahead. The "mayo" I use is vegan and quite honestly, I like it better than any other non-vegan mayo or greek yogurt I've used.
The poppyseeds are a nice touch of color and a staple in the Polish foods my MIL makes. It's a great dish everyone can snack on throughout the week and perfect for entertaining guests this holiday season!
Poppyseed Chicken Salad
Entree, Salad, Lunch, Sandwich
GLUTEN FREE, DAIRY FREE, SOY FREE
active time: 15 min.
total time: 15 min.
- 3 cups chopped organic chicken (Cooked - I like to use the meat from a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped grapes
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- optional: 1 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1 cup (or to taste) Hampton Creek "Just Mayo" or greek yogurt
- 1 heaping Tablespoon of poppyseeds
- Wash and chop celery, grapes, walnuts, and pickles.
- Combine all dry ingredients to chopped chicken with a rubber spatula.
- Add mayo and poppyseeds last.