Sometimes it's nice to get fancy. I love a great chocolate chip or peanut butter cookie, but sometimes I want to feel like I'm livin' the high life . . . especially now. As a new mom, it's hard to feel like anything around you deserves a designer tag, but here I am daydreaming about high tea and fancy finger foods. Since high tea is just not happening, these cookies (paired with my Mother's Milk nursing tea) come second to none.
Fancy Lemon Lavender Butter Cookies
GLUTEN FREE, CORN FREE, SOY FREE, EGG FREE
serves: about 12 cookies
active time: 10 min.
total time: 20 min
- 3/4 cup all-purpose gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, chilled
- 1 large lemon, zested
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, pulse together the flours, arrowroot, sugar, lavender, salt and baking soda.
- Add the butter and lemon zest. Pulse until the mixture forms a coarse meal. Add the honey and lemon juice. Pulse until the mixture forms a soft dough. Form the dough into 1-inch round balls and press into discs, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and 1/4-inch thick. Arrange in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until light brown around the edges, about 11 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely, about 15 minutes.
Recipe inspired by Giada De Laurentiis