There's always that morning dilemma. Should I grab something quick or make something healthy? With this recipe, you don't have to choose. These sassy little oatmeal cups are a quick breakfast on-the-go or a healthy snack. And the best part is . . . You can cook them the night before! Give our apple - flavored oatmeal cups a try HERE
Individual Baked Oatmeal Cups
Snack or Breakfast
VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE, SOY FREE, CORN FREE
serves: 9-12 muffins
active time: 5 min.
total time: 5 min.
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 2 cups gluten-free oats
- ¼ cup walnuts, almonds or pecans, chopped + extra for topping (optional)
- 1/3 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- fresh blueberries
- sliced fresh strawberries
- chopped nuts
- mini-chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a standard muffin pan with unbleached parchment liners.
- Combine baking powder, salt, oats and nuts in a large bowl.
- In a separate medium bowl whisk together maple syrup, milk, applesauce, coconut oil and vanilla (or combine them in a blender.)
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir to combine. I like to add chocolate chips to the mixture.
- Ladle the oat mixture into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup about ¾ full.
- Sprinkle any additional nuts, berries or chocolate chips over the tops of each.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set and wet ingredients are fully absorbed.
Eat warm or cold!
Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for a week or two and frozen for about a month. I eat them cold or warm them up in a toaster oven at 350 until heated through.