I love finding unique breakfasts, because breakfast can be so predictable. This morning quinoa is a great alternative to the "usuals" and has healthy morning grains to get you ready for the day. Mix and match different dried fruit and seeds to keep the flavor poppin'!
When I make a batch of quinoa for the week, I make four-six mini guys that are ready to go. When I'm ready to eat them, all I have to do is add some almond milk, honey and fruit. Keep reading for the recipe at the bottom . . .
VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE, DAIRY FREE, CORN FREE, SOY FREE
active time: 10 min.
total time: 10 min.
- 1.5 C cooked quinoa
- 1/4 C almonds, chopped
- 1/4 C dried fruit or raisins
- 1/4 C sunflower seeds
- 1/2 pear or apple
- 1 Tablespoon raw honey or agave
- 1/4 C nut milk (I use almond milk)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Mix dry ingredients into quinoa, then add sweetener
- With milk, you can have it cool or warm it to make it hot