If you love dark chocolate as I do, let me start by saying this . . . The combination of these four simple ingredients turns dark chocolate into a little taste of sweet heaven.
Holidays are filled with cookies, pies, and cakes, but if you're looking for a way to satisfy your sweet tooth without breaking the calorie bank, Dark Chocolate, Pomegranate and Nutella Cups are just the way to do it.
Hydrating pomegranate seeds accentuate the dark chocolate and creamy Nutella spread perfectly, with a truffle-like texture . . . solid on the outside and a flavorful, creamy surprise on the inside. One mini cup is all it takes as the decadent chocolate flavors will melt in your mouth and leave you satisfied, not over-full.
Dark Chocolate, Pomegranate & Nutella Cups
active time: 10 min.
total time: 45 min.
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup dark chocolate (70% or above), chopped, squares or chips
- 2 Tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 4 Tablespoons Nutella
Optional garnish: Frosting in the shape of your choice. I topped with an abstract, red Christmas tree!
- Line a mini-muffin tray with paper liners; set aside.
- Over a double boiler (or in the microwave), melt chocolate chips and coconut oil together. I useTHIS for my chocolate.
- Fill 1/3 of each liner with melted, dark chocolate.
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes or until chocolate hardens.
- Once firm, place a layer of Nutella on top of hardened layer. Top with about 5 pomegranate seeds.
- Pour remaining melted chocolate over each cup until almost full.
- Refrigerate for about 20 minutes until chocolate has set.
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge.