Growing up in a divorced household, we had some interesting dinner choices at my dad's house . . . To make a long story short, these dinner choices enabled some really good friends at Houston's (a restaurant nearby) and a deep love for peanut butter.
A formula I knew all too well: DAD'S HOUSE + NEW JAR OF JIF = DINNER.
Peanut butter was like a food group at my dad's house. Let me clarify, peanut butter and Ritz crackers were more like a food group ;) I would catch him every now and then eating a spoon full of peanut butter just standing around the kitchen or even during the middle of a conversation (there were no boundaries when a peanut butter craving came on)! We got fancy with it some nights. We added jelly to make a peanut butter and jelly ritz cracker sandwich or left them "open face" with just the peanut butter spread on top. Anyway, if JIF had a store nearby, I'm pretty sure they would have to throw my dad out at night. For this reason, I'm dedicating this peanut butter mousse to my dad. It's the easiest thing in the world to make, so it's divorced dad approved. Keep reading for the printable recipe below!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Coconut cream (I use this one)
- Creamy peanut butter
- Maple syrup or sweetener of choice
3 Ingredient, Peanut Butter Mousse or Frosting
VEGAN + GLUTEN FREE
total time: 10 min
- 1/2 can coconut cream (I use this one)
- 3-4 Tablespoons natural creamy peanut butter
- 2-3 Tablespoons maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- Whip coconut cream in mixer or food processor for a couple minutes.
- Add other ingredients in food processor.
- Chill for several hours to let it set and firm up as a mousse.
Mix ahead and store in individual serving mason jars.
- Refrigerator: covered container for 4-6 days
- Freezer: 2-3 months
DON'T MISS TFC UPDATES!
FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST, TWITTER, PLUS, INSTA, & FB!
Sign up for exclusive content and healthy living resources via email!
PHOTOGRAPHY: Coreen Murphy
RECIPE INSPIRATION: Minimalist Baker