I bought these rice papers at Whole Food about a week ago. I say a week ago because I pondered what to do with them for about that long. My mind was wondering, "How difficult are those little spring rolls?" and "Do I need some special skill to wrap them up all tight like the professionals?" Finally, I attempted what looked so difficult and it was sooo easy . . .
Dip, Top & Roll!
Give them a try and let me know what other spring roll recipes you love!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Rice Papers
- Brown Rice Noodles or soba Noodles
- Green Onions
- Sesame Oil
- Rice Vinegar
- Garlic Chili Sauce
- Teriyaki or Ponzu Sauce
- Sesame Seeds
Noodle Spring Rolls
VEGAN + GLUTEN FREE
Makes: 4 Rolls
Total time: 15 min
NOODLE MIX (or use leftover Teriyaki Soba Noodles)
- 4 rice papers (I used these)
- 4 large arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup carrot noodles (to "noodle-ize")
- 1/2 cup zucchini noodles (to "noodle-ize")
- 1 cup cooked, rice or soba noodles (I used these)
- 2 green onions (mostly whites)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons teriyaki or ponzu sauce (see below)
- avocado slices
- chopped cashews
- sesame seeds
- Trader Joes Sweet Chili Sauce
- Homemade Ponzu Sub:
- 1/2 Tamari
- 1/2 Rice Vinegar
- garlic chili sauce to taste
- Boil pot of salted water and cook noodles per instructions (they cook quickly - 2-3 minutes). Drain and set aside.
- Mix homemade teriyaki sauce or ponzu sauce per instructions above.
- "Noodle-ize" carrots and zucchini. Chop green onions (My FAV chopper).
- Toss the noodles, zucchini, carrots and scallions with sesame oil. And tamari, rice vinegar, teriyaki (or ponzu) and garlic chili sauce. Toss again. Taste and adjust seasonings.
DIP, TOP & ROLL:
- Dip Rice paper in warm water for about 30 seconds until it softens.
- On bottom third of rice paper, top with large arugula leaf (or a few small ones), noodle mix, and toppings.
- Roll up like a burrito.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro. Enjoy with dipping sauces!
- Mix and refrigerate separately:
- Teriyaki or ponzu sauce
- Noodle dressing (tamari, rice vinegar, teriyaki (or ponzu) & garlic chili sauce)
- All noodles (carrot, zucchini & rice/soba noodles) with green onions and sesame oil
- When ready to eat:
- Dress noodles.
- Dip, Top, & Roll!
- Refrigerator: 3-5 Days
DON'T MISS TFC UPDATES!
FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST, TWITTER, PLUS, INSTA, & FB!
Sign up for exclusive content and healthy living resources via email!
PHOTOGRAPHY: Coreen Murphy
RECIPE INSPIRATION: Love & Lemons