WHAT YOU NEED:
Gluten-free rolled oats
Unsweetened dried cherries
Unsweetened dried dates
Honey or vegan: sweetener sub like agave or maple syrup
Almond milk or orange juice
Cherry + Date Breakfast Bars
VEGAN + GLUTEN FREE
Total time: 40 min
- Coconut oil
- 2.5 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried cherries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried dates
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 4 Tablespoons ground flax meal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup honey (vegan: sweetener sub like agave or maple syrup)
- 3 Tablespoons almond milk or orange juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Brush or spray 8x8 pan with coconut oil.
- Combine oats, cherries, dates, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, combine flax meal, applesauce, honey, almond milk and vanilla.
- Combine mixtures.
- Press mixture evenly into pan with your fingers and bake on middle rack until golden brown and firm, about 30 minutes. Let cool completely. Remove from pan and cut into squares.
- Make on Sunday night and store as a healthy snack for the week!
- Store in airtight container for up to 5 days.
DON'T MISS TFC UPDATES!
FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST, TWITTER, PLUS, INSTA, & FB!
Sign up for exclusive content and healthy living resources via email!
PHOTOGRAPHY: Coreen Murphy
RECIPE INSPIRATION: Whole Living