I don't normally think of asparagus much in the winter, but when I think of the holidays, I DO think of green and winter white!!! YES - I am a foodie by day, but my love affair with fashion always peaks its head at night (and during photo shoots) :D This dish was created for our Lauren Conrad Doughnut Decorating Party because I wanted to include some protein to accompany the delicious vegan doughnuts. And to be honest, this one just looked the part!
ASPARAGUS CORN AND GOAT CHEESE FRITTATA
serves about 4
total time: 15-20 minutes
- 8 eggs or egg whites, beaten
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 bunch of thin asparagus spears
- 1.5 C kernels from corn
- 3 Tablespoons butter or coconut oil
- 1 handful fresh dill
- 7 oz firm goat cheese, broken into pieces
- sea salt & ground black pepper
- Trim woody ends from the asparagus and cut the spears into 1 inch pieces.
- Heat coconut oil or butter in large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus, corn, scallions and saute for a few minutes, stirring often.
- Transfer veggies to bowl and add the dill, leaving some for garnish.
- Add beaten eggs to the veggies, stirring gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- There are a few ways to cook it from here on out . . .
- When I don't have a lot of time, I just turn it into a scramble and saute the mixture until eggs are cooked through. I add the goat cheese at the end and melt it on top.
- Another way is to bake the eggs in a baking dish (as shown in photos). I generally cook mine at about 400 until the middle of the egg dish has set (you can also do this in muffin tins and it cooks more quickly).
- Another way is to create the frittata. Preheat the broiler on high. Heat butter or coconut oil in the skillet until it starts to sizzle. Pour mixture into skillet- reduce to medium heat. Arrange goat cheese on top and push into the mixture. Cook for about 8 minutes or until the sides start to puff up. Place skillet under broiler and cook for a minute or so just to set the top.
Sprinkle and garnish with dill. I used a big chunk to add the holiday touch!
Photography: Kristi Murphy
Party Printables: Kristi Murphy
DON'T MISS TFC UPDATES!
Follow us on PINTEREST, TWITTER, PLUS, INSTA, & FB!
Sign up for exclusive content and healthy living resources via email!