I think everyone is a little obsessed with the s'mores thing right now . . . Not that there's anything wrong with that (I hope I have some Seinfeld readers)! I too, recently RE-discovered my love for s'mores with my two little sisters and a campfire on the beach. Let's just say things got messy, kids had sugar highs and there was a "large predator" in the water (clearly trying to get in on the s'mores action as well ;0) Of course I added a couple things to make them a little healthier like 70% dark chocolate, all natural graham crackers, but I haven't quite found a good way around the marshmallows yet.
Needless to say, I fell in love all over again. I won't say I felt good afterward, but who really does after an intense love affair?! ;) And since my little s'mores romance went so well, I decided to hop on the bandwagon . . .
Holiday S'mores Bark IT IS!!
Our s'mores bark is featured in Lauren Conrad's, "How to Host: A Doughnut Decorating Party" and wrapped it up inside a little table gift box. I just LOVE takeaway gift boxes!
total time: 1 hr 15 min
serves about 10 (6 barks- mini loaf size)
- 1 lb dark Chocolate (preferably above 70%)
- 1 C mini marshmallows (chopped in half)
- 1 C graham crackers (chopped)
- Line mini loaf pan or baking pan with parchment paper (leave overhang so you can pull chocolate out).
- Melt chocolate in a double broiler. Pour melted chocolate into pan or a few tablespoons into the mini loaf pans.
- Top with chopped mini marshmallows and graham crackers.
- Cool for about an hr in the fridge. Enjoy!!
Stays fresh in the refrigerator for about a week.
Photography: Kristi Murphy
DON'T MISS TFC UPDATES!
Follow us on PINTEREST, TWITTER, PLUS, INSTA, & FB!
Sign up for exclusive content and healthy living resources via email!