Yesterday we introduced to you the PERFECT Spaghetti Squash with Marinara and if you bought a big squash like me, you might have some squash "noodles" left over!!
What to do with the leftovers? I've got you covered! It's like a pasta salad but with spaghetti squash noodles. AND it's kind of amazing so give it a shot! You can use it as as a side dish or a nice healthy lunch! Like I said, there are plenty of health reasons to use spaghetti squash as a noodle sub, so let me know what you think!
SPAGHETTI SQUASH SALAD
total time: 15 minutes, serves: 2 as dish, 4 as sides
- 2 generous cups spaghetti squash, cooked and cooled (baking instructions here)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup red, green or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup red cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 Tablespoons black olives, pitted & chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chives
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon coconut sugar
- sea salt
- black pepper
- pine nuts *optional garnish
- Chop tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumber, and black olives into small pieces and place in mixing bowl. Roughly chop the herbs and add to the bowl.
- Mince garlic cloves with a little salt, add to the salad.
- Add the oil, vinegar, sugar, and seasoning.
- Serve as a main dish or side and garnish with (optional pine nuts)!