Fall is officially here and we have been experimenting away with sweet potatoes! I’ve been eating the Red Lentil & Sweet Potato Stew all week and it’s time to switch it up with a perfect fall salad . . . Warm roasted, sweet potato salad.
Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
serves 2 as a meal, 3-4 as a side dish
- 2 cups of mixed greens (baby kale, spinach, arugula, etc.)
- 1 large sweet potato, chopped into cubes
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons honey (or agave nectar for vegan sub)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 sage leaves, finely chopped
- salt & pepper
- Roast sweet potatoes: Chop the sweet potato into bite sized cubes. Drizzle with some olive oil, salt and pepper, and roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes, or until they start to edges start to turn darker and roasty.
- Assemble the salad: Stir the dressing ingredients together, set aside.
- Place greens in a large bowl. Place the hot sweet potatoes over them. Add the dressing, as much or little as you like. Toss. Add in the rest of the ingredients, gently toss again. Taste and adjust seasonings.
Recipe adapted from http://www.loveandlemons.com/