This recipe is one of the best make-ahead recipes we have. It stems from the original Overnight Protein Oats, but modifies the ingredients to make it seasonal and fresh! I make about 4x this recipe over the weekend for breakfast and snacks through out the week. These apple flavored protein oats are a great source of vegan protein and full of healthy ingredients like chia seeds, hemp seeds, cinnamon and oats.
Apple Flavored, Overnight Protein Oats
TOTAL TIME: Overnight, but 5 min prep time
- 1/3 cup gluten-free oats
- 3/4 cup of almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 scoop protein powder (optional)
- 1 tsp hemp seeds
- raw honey or agave to sweeten (optional)
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- Mix your dry ingredients: oats, chia seeds, cinnamon & protein powder.
- Add in the wet ingredients: almond milk & unsweetened applesauce.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, remove the bowl of oats. Add sliced banana, hemp seeds and agave (or honey) to sweeten. I also add some nuts for an extra crunch!
- Mix, serve cold, and enjoy!