Our most popular post has been the Individual Baked Oatmeal Cups. In this recipe, we used fresh seasonal berries like blueberries and strawberries, and even added some walnuts and chocolate chips. This new recipe had been modified to fit perfectly into the fall season! I added some cinnamon, apples and walnuts to give it a warm apple pie flavor. What a way to start the fall season . . . I think I like them even better that the last ones!!
Individual Baked APPLE Oatmeal Cups
Print Recipe HERE
INGREDIENTS (makes 12 cups):
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (look for gluten-free oats to make this a gluten-free recipe)
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces + extra for topping (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1/4 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped apple (I used an apple/pear)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a standard muffin pan with 12 unbleached parchment liners.
- Combine baking powder, salt, oats, cinnamon and nuts in a large bowl.
- In a separate medium bowl whisk together maple syrup, almond milk, applesauce and coconut oil.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir to combine. Add chopped apple, then ladle the oat mixture into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup about ¾ full.
- Sprinkle any additional nuts and top each oatmeal cup with a sliced apple.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set and wet ingredients are fully absorbed. Eat warm or at room temperature.
Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for a week or two and frozen for about a month. I eat them cold or warm them up in a toaster oven at 350 until heated through.