A few things I don't want to give up are summer nights, sangria and sun! As we close out the warm summer months, there's still time for cold drinks. I had some amazing plums left over from the market, so I gave this Ginger-Plum Sangria a try. I brought it with me to Phoenix for a bachelorette party and let's just say, it kept us cool! Keep reading for the recipe at the bottom and add it to your SaucyPants universal recipe box!
GINGER-PLUM SANGRIA (serves 4)
- 1 bottle rosé wine
- 1 1/2 cups ginger ale
- 1 plum, puréed in blender
- bunch of fresh mint
- 3 plums, sliced (any color works!)
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
- crystallized ginger, for garnish
- In a large pitcher, combine rosé, puréed plum and a few sprigs of mint.
- Muddle the mint a bit, then add 2 of the sliced plums, apple and 4 slices lime. Top off with ginger ale.
- Distribute remaining plum and lime slices among 4 glasses. Add ice, if desired. Fill glasses with sangria, then skewer a piece of crystallized ginger onto a wooden pick for garnish.
Recipe from Camille Styles