The second recipe of our PEPPERS & PLAID series (remember our first, Quinoa Stuffed Peppers?!) will wow your guests with its beautiful presentation! It may also spice up the evening with a little hot chili pepper dressing . . . Regardless, this pineapple quinoa salad will be a crowd-pleaser! It is super easy to make, healthy and flavorful. I use it as an appetizer for guests or a quick lunch with the ladies!
Pineapple Quinoa Salad (makes 4-6)
- 1/4 cup white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- 1 small hot chili pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup hemp seed
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar and oil. Season with salt. Add chili and onion and toss. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Arrange pineapple on a platter. Top with cashews, sprouted quinoa, hemp seed and mint. Drizzle with chili-onion mixture
Recipe inspiration from Whole Living