Growing up as an Arizona gal, Mexican food was pretty much available at every street corner. In my neighborhood, the best Mexican hole in the wall was called Ajo Als. Luckily, my best friend was a hostess there, so even though there was always a line around the building, I never had to wait too long to eat. They also had the fastest bus boy in town, so you never sat for more than 30 seconds without warm chips and fresh salsa at your finger tips! No joke, he worked at lightening speed!
I think the next best thing to Ajo Als is eating Mexican food that doesn't leave you feeling like you need to work it off for the next week. These veggie tacos will surely hit the spot without dragging you (or your healthy lifestyle) down!
- Handmade corn tortillas
- Organic black beans
- Organic zucchini squash (mini or small ones)
- Organic carrots (I prefer the multi-colored ones I get at the farmers market)
- Mango salsa (I love the Trader Joes Mango Papaya salsa)
- Pico de gallo salsa
- Greek Yogurt (leave out to make vegan)
- Preheat Oven.
- Drain black beans and warm.
- Steam zucchini squash and carrots until tender.
- Warm corn tortillas in toaster oven.
- Fill tortillas with black beans, zucchini squash, carrots. Top with mango salsa, pico de gallo, guacamole, and a small dollop of greek yogurt!