How can you start a Mexican food night without queso?!? I wouldn't dare in my house! This queso dip is a great cheat meal on the weekend and compliments our Veggie Tacos perfectly! It's also a great dish for your man to make the boys watching football. This recipe was created by my super stud fiance, Marek, while I was shooting my veggie tacos. I just loved it so I had to add it to the mix. It's so easy, you'll never want to order take-out queso again!
- 2.5 ounces cheddar cheese or Velveeta (ask your cheese vendor for something organic that melts like velveeta)
- 1 Tablespoon organic cream cheese
- 1-2 Tablespoons coconut milk (depends on how creamy you like it)
- 2 Tablespoons of your favorite salsa
- Jalapeños, chopped (optional - for extra spice)
- Red chili peppers (optional - for extra spice)
- Organic blue corn chips (gluten-free)
1. Warm the cheese until melted through. You can also keep the queso in a crockpot or slow-cooker so it stays warm.
2. Add all ingredients and top with red chili peppers and chopped jalapeños.
3. Serve with organic blue corn chips (gluten-free) and enjoy!
NOTE: Feel free to add any veggies of your choice. I lightly sautéed (still slightly crunchy) some "farmers market fresh" peppers and added them to the mix.