Around Christmas time, we posted our Four Ingredient, Dark Chocolate Pomegranate + Nutella Cups (GF). The pomegranate and Nutella filling contained festive red splashes of color, but on Valentine's Day, I cant think of anything more appropriate than these sultry dark chocolate candies.
Instead of re-inventing the wheel, let's just change the topping to celebrate what Valentine's Day is all about . . . LOVE (and chocolate)!
Instead of a Christmas tree, we topped the cups with a dabble of frosting and icing toppers (from Target) to spell out LOVE. The decadent chocolate flavors will start to melt in your mouth immediately, while the pomegranate seeds hydrate the creamy Nutella spread filling. Large desserts can be so heavy and one mini cup is all it takes to leave you satisfied, without feeling over-full. So whether you're celebrating your relationship over a romantic dinner date or planning a night out with your girls, these dark chocolate cups are a sweet, sexy treat that doesn't break the calorie bank.
Dark Chocolate, Pomegranate & Nutella Cups
serves: about 6
active time: 10 min.
total time: 45 min.
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup dark chocolate (70% or above), chopped, squares or chips
- 2 Tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 4 Tablespoons Nutella
Optional garnish: Frosting in the shape of your choice. I topped with an abstract, red Christmas tree!
- Line a mini-muffin tray with paper liners; set aside.
- Over a double boiler, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil together. I use THIS to melt my chocolate.
- Fill 1/3 of each liner with melted, dark chocolate.
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes or until chocolate hardens.
- Once firm, place a layer of Nutella on top of hardened layer. Top with about 5 pomegranate seeds.
- Pour remaining melted chocolate over each cup until almost full.
- Refrigerate for about 20 minutes until chocolate has set.
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge.