If you're hosting for Superbowl, I'm sure you've been pinning recipes all week for the big game . . . But if you need a last minute appetizer, this pizzette is one of my new favorites!
The mushrooms, kale, and gluten free crust give it a healthier spin; add to it the individual grab n' go serve style and you've got yourself a gourmet, game day favorite!
Keep reading for the full recipe and instructions . . .
Don't forget to check out our Slow Cooker BBQ Brisket over Cabbage and Apple Salad for a main dish! It serves over a cabbage and apple salad or as a perfect meat for sandies and sliders :)
Roasted Mushroom and Kale Pizzette
serves: about 10 Pizzettes
active time: 10 min.
total time: 20 min.
- cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- gluten free pizza dough or crust (I used Udi's, homemade is best)
- shredded mozzarella
- Tuscan kale (about 4 leaves), ribs removed, leaves sliced into ribbons
- gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- Preheat to 475 degrees F.
- Toss the mushrooms with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and salt. Roast on a baking sheet until they are golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Roll out the pizza dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Use a 2-inch round cookie cutter to cut out circles in the dough and transfer the circles to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle the dough circles lightly with olive oil. Top each pizzette in the following order:
- teaspoon of mozzarella
- mushrooms and kale
- Optional: drizzle a little more olive oil over each
Bake until they are golden and bubbly, about 7-10 minutes. Arrange the pizzette on a platter and serve immediately.
Recipe inspiration for pizzette: Giada De Laurentiis