Do you have family coming in town for the Holidays? Well, we will have a full house and I can't wait! One thing I like to do for the mornings is to keep some make ahead items on deck (so you don't always have to cook). Holiday Granola is the perfect item to leave out in the morning as people stroll out of bed, one at a time. Serve the granola buffet-style, with fruit, greek yogurt, honey, milk, almond milk, and any other toppings of choice. That way, people can create what they want for breakfast!
Remember, the holidays are about spending time together, so don't worry so much about the food being perfect. . . Buy store bought items where you can; just keep the coffee and conversation flowing ;)
Breakfast, Brunch, Snack
VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE, SOY FREE, DAIRY FREE
serves: about 5
active time: 10 min.
total time: 45 min.
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 3 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 -1/2 cup maple syrup
- Mix dry ingredients (except cranberries).
- Mix wet ingredients in separate bowl.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients until dry ingredients are coated evenly.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Add mixture to a large, parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 30-45 min or until golden brown. Cool for about 20 minutes, then toss in dried cranberries.
- I love to serve over greek yogurt or with almond milk. Drizzle with honey or maple syrup to sweeten.
MAKE AHEAD TIP
- Follow PREP directions the day before.
- When ready to eat, follow COOK directions.