Warm salads and fall are a match made in heaven. And when you add roasting to the mix, you have only the natural seasonal vegetable flavors commanding your palette's full attention. The cinnamon adds a sweet spice to the mix, turning your vegetables into a perfect side salad for the holidays to come!
Warm Roasted Fall Vegetable Salad (v+gf)
SIDE or SALAD
VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE, SOY FREE, CORN FREE
serves: 6 -8
active time: 10 min.
total time: 40 min.
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, halved or quartered
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 pears, cubed
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- side or salad
- 1/3 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- Rinse/scrub, peel, and or chop fruit and vegetables: brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, pears, and butternut squash.
- Combine cinnamon and salt and place in small prep bowl.
- Melt coconut oil.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Combine all fruit and vegetables. Toss with cinnamon and salt, then drizzle melted coconut oil over mixture and coat evenly.
- Roast for about 30 minutes or until fruit and vegetables are soft and tender.
- During the last 5 minutes, add chopped pecans to warm or toast.