Matcha Green Tea is one of my favorite teas around. As a drink, I usually make the traditional, ceremonial tea with my bamboo whisk and ceramic bowl. The health benefits are astonishing. Matcha Green Tea contains 10-15 times the overall nutrients and 100 times more antioxidants compared to traditional green, white, black, rooibos, and yerba mate teas. Hecks yeah!
Aside from tea, I use it in smoothies, lattes, puddings, etc., but only at the farmer's market did I see people using it in oatmeal! Of course, I had to give it a try and I was COMPLETELY blown away. It's like energizer oatmeal! I jazzed it up with some sweet things like dried blueberries and maple syrup, then topped it with some of my favorite superfoods - goji berries, hemp seeds and Brazilian nuts.
Blueberry Matcha Green Tea Oatmeal
VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE, DAIRY FREE, CORN FREE, SOY FREE
active time: 15 min.
total time: 15 min.
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 2 Tablespoons matcha green tea powder
- 4 Tablespoons dried blueberries
- 2-4 Tablespoons maple syrup
- goji berries
- hemp seed
- nuts (I used Brazilian nuts)
- Nut milk of choice or (non-vegan) whole milk from grass fed, pasture raised cows)
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Whisk in matcha green tea powder until any chunks have disintegrated.
- Add in gluten free oats, dried blueberries and maple syrup. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook 10-20 minutes until desired consistency is reached.