VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE, DAIRY FREE, CORN FREE, SOY FREE
serves: about 7 cups
active time: 10 min.
total time: 40 min
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 cups water
- 1 packed cup mint leaves (roughly chopped or torn)
- 1 3/4 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a saucepan combine the sugar and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil and whisk until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and add the mint. Let the simple syrup cool completely, about 30 minutes. Strain out the mint.
- To a pitcher, add the lemon juice and stir in the simple syrup and remaining 4 cups of water.
- Add the mint sprigs and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Serve over ice.