There are few things I love more than easy, make ahead recipes, and this one is no exception! Did I mention endless versatility?? Yes, it has that too :) These roasted nuts and seeds taste delicious warm, cold, on salads etc.!
WHAT YOU NEED:
Salt & Pepper
One would think the cayenne, chili powder, and paprika would make them really spicy . . . but they honestly don't taste too spicy, just seasoned.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF PEPITAS
from some of our favorite doctors . . .
Pumpkin seeds are full of healthy ingredients, vitamins, and minerals, but they are also high in calories. Try to limit your intake of nuts to about 1/4 cup per day.
Spicy Roasted Nuts
VEGAN + GLUTEN FREE
total time: 25-30 min
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup pepitas
- 4-6 Tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Topping after roasting
- 1-2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix almonds and pepitas (pumpkin seeds) in a mixing bowl.
- Top nut mix with lime juice, then add chili powder, cayenne, and salt. Toss mixture.
- Spread nuts on a baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes (stir once, about halfway through).
- When nuts have cooled, drizzle with a little olive oil, paprika and salt. Serve immediately!
- Nuts are usually best kept in the refrigerator as some can become rancid quickly in warm environments. They should be stored in a tightly closed containers to keep out moisture and other contaminants
DON'T MISS TFC UPDATES!
FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST, TWITTER, PLUS, INSTA, & FB!
Sign up for exclusive content and healthy living resources via email!
PHOTOGRAPHY: Coreen Murphy
RECIPE INSPIRATION: The Food Click