If you are a regular reader, you know that most of our recipes are strictly plant based. However, I include kefir in my diet for the many health benefits such as protein, probiotics, and the calming effect on the nervous system. Check out more of the health benefits here as well as our blueberry kefir smoothie!
WHAT YOU NEED:
Kefir (for vegan - use almond/coconut milk)
Cashew butter (or nut butter)
Optional: dates or raw stevia
Optional: protein powder
Another reason I love this recipe is because smoothies are coming seasonal once again and the color is oh-so festive for the holidays! We will be celebrating Easter brunch at my mom's house this year, so I plan to make this kefir shake as a morning snack so we aren't too full for the holiday feast!
Easter Pink Strawberry Kefir Shake
STRAWBERRY, BANANA, KEFIR, HEMP SEEDS, CASHEW BUTTER
total Time: 5 minutes
- 2 C plain kefir (for vegan, use almond/coconut milk)
- 2 C frozen strawberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 Tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 Tablespoons nut butter (I used cashew butter)
- Optional: 4 dates, pitted and chopped or packet of raw stevia to sweeten
- Optional: 2 scoops vanilla plant based protein powder of choice
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth and creamy.
DON'T MISS TFC UPDATES!
FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST, TWITTER, PLUS, INSTA, & FB!
Sign up for exclusive content and healthy living resources via email!
PHOTOGRAPHY: Coreen Murphy