I feel like this recipe should be in the Spring issue of Vogue. It has class, style, creativity, and it's just perfect for spring. And yes, it is also among the latest trends as it's vegan & gluten free :D But all hype aside, I'm sooooo excited to share this one with you!
I've started getting a little more daring with my recipes, so this one is unusual and amazing all at the same time . . . Lavender granola. Yes, lavender! You know, that scent they put in everything to make you feel more relaxed!? ;) It combines the prefect colors, scent and taste to make you feel like a cool breeze on a hot summer day.
Here are some great ways to eat your granola:
- Over fruit and/or greek yogurt + a little honey or sweetener of choice on top
- Over morning quinoa
- With almond milk as a mini cereal
- Plain . . . as a quick snack
WHAT YOU NEED:
- raw walnuts
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- almond flour/meal
- dried lavender
- maple syrup
- ground ginger (optional)
- dried currants
- sea salt
VEGAN + GLUTEN FREE
total time: 45 min
- 1 1/2 C raw walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 C almonds, chopped
- 1/2 C unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 C almond flour/meal
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons dried lavender, finely chopped
- 1/2 -1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed
- optional: 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 C unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 C maple syrup
- 1/2 C dried currants
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, combine walnuts, almonds, coconut, almond flour, lavender, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the applesauce, maple syrup, and flaxseed.
- Pour wet ingredients over the nut mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spread granola on baking sheet in an even layer. Bake about 25 minutes until deep brown, stirring the granola every 8-10 min.
- Stir in currants as soon as you remove from oven. Cool completely.
DON'T MISS TFC UPDATES!
FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST, TWITTER, PLUS, INSTA, & FB!
Sign up for exclusive content and healthy living resources via email!
PHOTOGRAPHY: Coreen Murphy
RECIPE INSPIRATION: Simply Gluten Free Magazine