There are so many easy ways to fall off your healthy habits this holiday season, but keeping some healthy snacks around is a good way to keep you from over eating at those holiday meals. This spicy herb hummus is an easy, make-ahead snack that will allow you to munch in a healthy way. Depending on how spicy you like it, you can add more or less jalapeño pepper to your dish. Let us know how you like it!
Spicy Herb Hummus
VEGAN + GLUTEN FREE
total time: 10 minutes
Print Recipe HERE
- 1, 15 oz can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/8 cup tahini paste
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 cup extra-virgin olive oil + more to drizzle
- 1/2 - 1 jalapeño pepper (depending on spice preference)
- 1/4 bunch cilantro, stemmed
- 1 - 2 cloves garlic (depending on preference)
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- Chop garlic, jalapeño and cilantro in food processor (I LOVE this one)
- Slowly add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor.
- Garnish with cilantro and drizzle of olive oil. Serve with veggies or pita chips!
Homemade pita chips:
- Cut pita into triangles.
- Brush pita with olive oil and sprinkling with salt.
- Bake in oven at 325 degrees F for 20-30 minutes, until edges are lightly browned).
Don't miss TFC updates!
Follow us on PINTEREST, TWITTER, PLUS, INSTA, & FB!
Recipe Inspiration: Dr. Weil
Photography: Coreen Murphy