I love using great northern beans in soups and stews and this one is no exception. This hearty hotpot is rich with smoky paprika and packed with fall vegetables. If you don't have great northern beans, large lima beans will do just as well. Keep scrolling for the recipe below!
SMOKY HOTPOT OF GREAT NORTHERN BEANS
- 1 can great northern beans
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons smoked Spanish paprika
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 potato, cut into 1 inch dice
- 1 red or green bell pepper
- 2 cups vegetable stock (homemade recipe)
- *spicy option: 1/2 -1 Jalapeño
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- Put oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and paprika to the pan for about 5 mins.
- Add the celery, carrot, potatoes, bell peppers & jalapeños. Cook for a few minutes, stirring to coat vegetables in flavored oil.
- Add stock and beans; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and partially cover the pan with a lid. Let simmer for about 30 minutes or until all the veggies are cooked. Season to taste.
Recipe Inspiration: Market Vegetarian by Ross Dobson