Do you ever need just about half of an energy bar to get you going? There are so many times when I'm off to yoga too early in the morning to eat, but I need just a little something in my stomach before I start moving . . . Problem solved!
These Chia Seed Buddha Balls (appropriately named by my sister's fiancé) are a perfect healthy bite for those times when you need just a little something to get you going, but not weigh you down. Let's say YES to no more half eaten granola bars waiting for you on the countertops :D
I have a few different versions of these so stay tuned for more!
Form Buddha balls & grind sunflower seeds.
Dip (cover) Buddha balls in seed powder.
Refrigerate until ready to eat (min 20 minutes)!
Chia Seed Buddha Balls
Total Time: 30 min
Print Recipe HERE
- 2 C gluten free rolled oats
- 1/3 C chia seeds
- 1/2 C almond butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 C agave or other sweetener
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- Mix dry ingredients: GF rolled oats, chia seeds and cinnamon.
- Add almond butter, vanilla and agave/sweetener.
- Grind sunflower seeds in a food processor (my fav) until powder like texture forms. Set aside in small bowl for dipping.
- Wet hands and roll mixed ingredients into small 1 inch balls. Dip (cover) Buddha balls in seed powder.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat (minimum 20 minutes)!
PHOTO CRED: Coreen Murphy