Anyone who knows me well, knows that I love snacks! Mostly at a pre-parties . . . with my girls . . . and lot's of wine. But either way, I love me some snacks!
This pear and spinach lavash is a great way to start the evening without getting too full before dinner. The lavash is so thin that it almost feels like you're eating a delightful little water cracker! So give it a go. Mix up the toppings and make it your own.
Check out the recipe below and add it to your SaucyPants recipe box so you won't forget it!
PEAR + SPINACH LAVASH PIZZA
Total Time: 15 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped or sliced
- 1 firm ripe pear, sliced
- 1 sheet of lavash bread
- 1 cup provolone cheese, shredded
- ¾ cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup loosely packed baby spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- crushed red peppers (*spicy option)
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion and pear; cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened and pear is starting to brown.
- Brush 1 tablespoon of olive oil onto lavash bread.
- Evenly cover lavash bread with provolone cheese. Top with pear/onion mixture and Gorgonzola cheese.
- Bake about 5 to 8 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Top with spinach, shopped basil and crushed red peppers.
Cut into squares and serve as an appetizer or entrée!