- 6 oz Dark Chocolate, at least 70%
- 3 oz Butter
- 3 oz Almond Butter
- 3 Eggs, separated
- 6 Tbs Natural Cane Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Over a double boiler, melt chocolate, butter and almond butter. Let cool.
- Separate the egg and place the yolks in the bowl of an electric mixer. Add 3 Tbs sugar and beat until a light, pale yellow color, about 6 minutes.
- Slowly pour in the melted chocolate and mix until combined.
- In a clean mixing bowl, add the eggs whites. Whisk until frothy. Slowly pour in 3 Tbs sugar and mix until soft peaks form.
- Fold the whites into the chocolate/egg mixture. Carefully fold until combined.
- Spray 4 oz ramekin or muffin cups with pan spray. Pour the batter into the molds, almost to the top.
- Bake in a 325º oven for 12 minutes. Let cool before unmolding.
- To serve: reheat in a 300º oven for 4 minutes. Spoon the fruit compote on top.Serving Size - 6
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, defrosted
- 2 tablespoons pure cane sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups fresh berries - blueberries, raspberries, blackberries
- Place the frozen raspberries, sugar and water in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour through a strainer into a bowl.
- Add berries and toss to combine.
Recipe inspiration from Dr. Weil's True Food Kitchen