In Arizona, we soak up everything about springtime. We spend the majority of our days and nights outdoors either watching Spring Training games or basking in the cool, short-lived breeze we have at night. We soak it all in because when summer hits, locals start running everywhere but Arizona.
Still, we can't complain because we get so many months of beautiful weather. The moment I see the sun rising earlier and earlier, I begin to anticipate those outdoor breakfasts with friends, family, and the warm sunshine on my skin. Add a little coffee, tea, toast and jam to the mix and you have yourself a perfect little Saturday morning :D
If and when you're entertaining, you'll realize that nothing impresses people more than a homemade jam. Even though it's fairly easy to make, it's something only a select few still make from scratch. That being said, it gives your guests the feeling you went the extra mile ;).
Mixed Berry and Thyme Jam
VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE, DAIRY FREE, CORN FREE, SOY FREE
serves: 1 cup
active time: 10 min.
total time: 2.5 hrs.
- 3 cups mixed berries (I used strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon orange juice
- 1.5 Tablespoons chopped thyme leaves
- Place berries into a medium saucepan. Using a potato masher, mash the berries. Add all remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until thick, 50-55 minutes.
- Cool at room temperature for about 1.5 hours. Refrigerate in air tight container for about a month.
Recipe Inspiration: Giada De Laurentils