Kennedy has a book called "Blueberries for Sal" and she's kind of obsessed. The obsession was born from an unconditional love for bears (not so unconditional after she watched Brave), but it lead her down a path of truly loving this idea of berry picking ... And in the spirit of berry picking really resonating with her (and Marek reliving some childhood memories), we wondered over to Sauvie Island to get to work. The unexpected variety of berries blew me away! And after the day was over we turned these perfectly sweet blueberries into a five ingredient, blueberry crumble ... The easiest crumble ever!
5 Ingredient Blueberry Crumble
makes: 6 mini pies | total time: 30 min
- gluten free granola of choice
- 4 cups fresh berries (I used blueberries)
- 2-4 Tablespoons coconut sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Top with vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix blueberries with coconut sugar, lemon, vanilla, and (optional) cinnamon. Place berry mixture in muffin or mini pie pan.
- Top with granola. Bake in oven for about 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Scoop crumble into serving bowls and serve with dairy free ice cream.