Monday is a great time to start fresh and detox from your weekend. Whether you over-did your play time or just splurged on dessert, this soup will get you back on track.
Growing up in the midwest, home-made chicken noodle soup was part of every holiday meal. We normally serve it as an appetizer, but the huge holiday pot makes its way into lunch, snack time, and dinner for the week ahead.
Tinola originates in the Philippines and is traditionally served as an appetizer or entree. This version merges my two favorite comfort foods, homemade chicken soup and asian-influenced cuisine. Moreover, our Chicken Tinola is delicious and nutrient packed.
Don't be afraid to add a generous tablespoon of the tamari lemon dressing to each bowl. It completes the soup in a way salt & pepper could only dream of!
GLUTEN FREE, DAIRY FREE
serves: about 4-6
active time: 15 min.
total time: 15 min.
- 2 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 inches ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 heaping cups cabbage, shredded
- 6 cups homemade broth (bone broth or cleansing broth)
- 2- 3 cups shredded or chopped chicken (poached or roasted)
TAMARI LEMON DRESSING
- 4 Tablespoons tamari
- 4 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- large pinch of pepper
- Heat coconut oil in large saucepan (or pot) over medium heat. Sauté garlic, ginger, carrots and onion until softened and onions are translucent. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add shredded chicken and cabbage to the pan for just a minute or so. Add broth and bring to a simmer.
- Let simmer until cabbage and chicken are warmed through.
- Top each bowl with a Tablespoon of Tamari Lemon Dressing.