Mexican Dark Hot Chocolate
- 3 cups milk of choice (for *VEGAN use almond or nut milk)
- 3 cinnamon sticks or ground cinnamon to taste
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces bittersweet dark chocolate (above 70%), chopped
- pinch salt
- Put milk and cinnamon sticks in a saucepan and bring just to a boil. Turn off heat and let sit between 30 min and 2 hours, to infuse cinnamon flavor into milk (most opt to just add ground cinnamon to speed up the process). Remove cinnamon sticks.
- Add coconut sugar, vanilla, and salt and return to a boil. When milk boils, turn heat to low and whisk in chopped chocolate. Once chocolate is completely melted and incorporated, decant to 4 cups and serve warm.
DON'T MISS TFC UPDATES!
Follow us on PINTEREST, TWITTER, PLUS, INSTA, & FB!
Sign up for exclusive content and healthy living resources via email!
Photography: Kristi Murphy
Party Printables: Kristi Murphy